Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I am nosey and want to know more about you.
1. I'll get the big one out of the way first. People ask, or some want to ask but don't know how is "what happened to you"?. I was in a SUV roll-over accident and broke my back, I am paralyzed from the waist down. The answers to the next questions are No, No and 17. No I wasn't driving, No I wasn't wearing my seat belt, and I was 17 years old at the time.
2. I was born in Wichita- grew up in Wisconsin in a town of about 800 people (799 after I left) where my dad was the Lutheran Minister. As teenager my life's dream was to be a Solid Gold Dancer, (second only to becoming Mrs. Han Solo). I used to dance around the yard in my little town with my girlfriends and imagine a producer from solid gold would drive by, be blown away by our routine to "Dancing Queen" or "Don't you want me" by the Human League. Slam on the brakes, sign a contract, and off to Hollywood!
3. I was hoping someone would get me a "Don't Blame Me - I Voted for Ron Paul" Bumper Sticker or T-shirt. But maybe for my birthday.
4. A guidance counselor told me once I'd grow up to be a real estate agent or the other woman.
5. I was voted "most likely to be convicted of a felony" by my high school class.
6. I studied Arabic at U C Berkeley in '97 with a bunch of CIA field agents
7. I haven't had a drink or smoke for over 11 years.
8. I gave birth (via c-section) to two healthy little boys- even when some doctors said that wasn't going to be possible to carry a baby to term.
9. I went to school with 2 famous people: recording diva and singer song writer Alice Peacock (www.alicepeacock.com) and actress Rachel Oliva (check out God, Inc on youtube, hilarious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2f4heaG288 she's the redhead).
10. One time through an odd set of circumstances I ended up in the same room with Charlie Watts. He touched my shoulder and despite myself I didn't faint,melt, or throw up on myself.
11. I used to work at a fruit stand selling bananas and oranges in college. I used to work at a swap meet/flea market all through jr. high and high school. I am good at setting up folding tables, making change, and sidewalk salesmanship.
12. My college nick name was "Stan", I still answer to it, smile when I pick up the phone and someone asks for "Stan" as I know it's a dear friend I haven't seen for awhile.
13. My business is called "Mutt Butt" because I let my 3 1/2 year son old pick out the name. I was trying to think of something with "Mutt" in it because at the time I was painting people's dogs on commission and he said "butt" rhymes with "mutt", "butt" tee hee hee, "butt" hee he hee and continued to laugh until falling on the floor laughing, (literal ROFLMAO) and when I searched for domain names... "mutt butt" was there. Now... well now, I'm kind of stuck with it, but people definitely remember it. "butt" tee hee hee
14. I have an extensive salt and pepper shaker collection. My favorites being a collection of dogs in their dog houses, plastic kitchen appliance shakers, and a nudie stripper girl where you shake the salt out of removable boobies with Madonna rhinestone pointy pasties.
15. It wasn't until having children of my own did I truly realize how much and how deeply my parents loved me
16. I have a chapter I wrote in a book called "Foucault on Governance of Disability" before you run out and buy it- it's really kind of boring.
17. I used to contribute a comic in New Mobility magazine called "Dating and Disabled Girl"
18. I played on a women's wheelchair basketball team- and the men's U of A wildchairs team. I never was very good, but it was the first time I had ever met so many fabulous disabled women, it changed my life, and really helped form me into the person I am today. It gave me the courage to become a mom- as I met so many other moms who used wheelchairs.
19. This February I will have my art in a show- which has been a dream of mine since I was in high school. This is the first show I've ever been in. (www.artinarizona.com)
20. I find money on the ground almost anytime I for anywhere- from 5 cents to $100 bills and I have been that way ever since I was a little kid. Once on a family vacation at Disney World I found $200- 2 $100 folded together. Imagine being 8 at Disney with $200 at your disposal. Lucky me!
21. I am married to my soul mate and the man I've been in love with since I was 18 years old. Grateful for every minute we've had together- cherish each moment- and looking forward to the next 60 plus years together.
22. It's my goal in the next couple years to write and illustrate a children's book. Another Life goal is to attend the annual TED conference- and even more- BE ACCEPTED AS A PRESENTER!
23. In November I put down my service dog Tyler of 13 years. That was a hard day, but I got through it. He was a good dog and he made me a better person.
24. I love to give my art away to people I don't know or I have never met. I love that I can give something to someone that you can't buy- and that is different then anything else. Each time I give a piece away- the next week something really magical happens. every time. without fail. One time I gave a way a painting to someone I never met- the day I dropped it in the mail- Harpo Studios (Oprah) called about a piece for her show. I totally believe in random acts of kindness having the ability to change yourself and the world.
25. At 35 years old I finally figured out what I am here to do and I couldn't be happier. Everything that has happened brought me to here- and I have nothing but gratitude for each moment on the journey. For me personally- the secret to life is Joy, finding it in each moment- going towards it, basking in it, and I am grateful each day for my kids- as that comes so naturally for them- they remind me if I ever forget.
Top 5 Features To Look For In Sneakers - Sneaker shoes are primarily designed for fashion, outdoor use along with physical exercises. They can also be used for normal daily activities as you wou...
1 year ago